Weddings

Historic Coast Road Church

First built as a Methodist place of worship by the early Wainuiomata pioneers, opening services at the Church were held on 6 February 1866.

The Church is surrounded by an historic Churchyard which is now a recognised archaeological site.
Today the Church and churchyard are owned and in the care of The Wainuiomata Pioneer Church Preservation Society. The interior has recently been lovingly restored and the Church is now available for Weddings, Funerals, and other services for all denominations.

A Perfect Wedding Venue

This beautiful, character filled historic little Church is the ideal venue for intimate Weddings. Seating up to 90 people and with a good heating system, we welcome Wedding bookings from all denominations. The huge old oak trees in the Churchyard are a popular place for Wedding photos, as is the historic Churchyard. To add to the romance and authenticity of your traditional Church Wedding day, we have a beautifully ornate historic church organ in perfect working order, which once belonged to one of the early pioneer families.

The Coast Road Church is the oldest remaining of the original Methodist Churches and the third oldest church in the Wellington Region. It is registered by the New Zealand Historic Places Trust as a Category II historic place, one of only two listed buildings in Wainuiomata.
Regular Church services stopped in the 1950’s, when the Methodists built a new Wainuiomata Church. The building gradually deteriorated over the ensuing years until, in 2010, the Wainuiomata Pioneer Church Preservation Society took over and embarked on the huge restoration project.

 

© Copyright Wainuiomata Pioneer Church Preservation Society Inc - Site map
Phone: 04 5648135 Lower Hutt New Zealand

Website Builder - Website World